Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Everyone Else Does It"


The phrase "Everyone Does It usually comes when we have to give an excuse for something we've done wrong. Also when we want to do something but our parents or elders won't let us do it. I remember when I wanted to pierce my ears and my dad said no so I used the phrase but didn't work. He replied "so if everyone jumps off a bridge would you jump too?". It makes us the followers instead of being the leader. We tend to follow the trend because everyone does it. The phrase can make us fail in many things.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you on this Bernie. My mom has also told me that many times. It is true though, it makes us the followers and we should do things on our own not just because everyone else does it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true most people do things because others do it, but they should be themselves and not try doing things others do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is 100% true. I think we hear this more in the younger adolescents however. I think we start to grow out of that "everyone else does it" phase as we start to grow a sense of ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you said. We need more leaders then followers.

    ReplyDelete